Discover Darjeeling – a popular summer destination
This exciting Himayalan journey by Luxe explores the tiny north-eastern state of Sikkim, otherwise known as ‘The Garden State’, on account of its spectacular flora and fauna and abundant flower nurseries. Boasting a plethora of monasteries and exceptional mountain scenery, this beautiful state of India is inhabited predominantly by gentle Buddhists and small settlements of tribal people.
Just over the border is Darjeeling, in the heart of the tea growing country, which is now, as always, a popular summer holiday destination. Combined with a few days of exploring the sites of the often misunderstood but fascinating city of Kolkata (Calcutta), this well-rounded tour offers a great insight into Himalayan, Buddhist and city life in the north-east.
Kolkata : Enjoy day touring this fascinating city, redolent with history, Victorian architecture and known to have produced some of India’s greatest writers.
Gangtok : Visit to Tashi View Point for magnificent views of Mt. Kanchenjunga. Also visit one of India’s busiest and most famous monasteries at Rumtek.
Pelling : It’s a small town with most picturesque natural sights. visit to the local monastery with its staggering mountain views. Visit to Tashiding with beautiful walk up the hill through small villages to the secluded monastery.
Darjeeling : See the Botanical Gardens, Ghoom Monastery and visit the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute and Tea Estate.
Delhi : Visit Old & New Delhi, Raj Ghat The Memorial of Father of Nation – Mahatma Gandhi, Red Fort, India gate, Presidents House, Humayun’s Tomb & Qutab Minar.
- Package Inclusions
- Package Exclusions
- 10 Nights accommodation sharing twin room
- Daily buffet breakfast & Dinner
- All sightseeing as per itinerary
- Local English speaking guide during sightseeing
- All current applicable taxes
- Internal airfare for Kolkata – Bagdogra and Bagdogra – Delhi
- This is a suggested itinerary for traveling. Dates, duration and routing may be changed to personalize the tour to the travelers’ preferences and requirements. Please contact Luxe Holidays for further ideas on how to turn your vacation into an unforgettable holiday to India.